We do not have a facility for animal intake, however, we can assist you with courtesy postings on several sites as long as you or a designate, foster the animal you wish to re-home. If for some reason the animal is returned by the adopter, they are to be returned to you or your designate, until another home can be found. At no point are we accepting ownership/possession of this animal. Our function is to serve as an animal welfare liaison, enabling you to find the animal you are helping a home, whether it is your own or a stray. If you decide to adopt the animal yourself then you will be required to pay for the funding used for veterinary/medical costs that were used to help/benefit said animal.
By signing this agreement you are acknowledging and agree to this document as a binding contract. Sign:______________________________________________
REHOMING PET INFORMATION This page is for you to provide as much
information regarding the pet you are trying to re-home. Write a short narrative about how you came about helping this animal and a description of traits and personality that would encourage someone to want to adopt them. You can submit up to three photos and a video, please go to our Petfinder or adopt-a-pet websites to get some ideas for your photos. http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=NC728. The picture and/or video are so very important, use props, have a nice background, and avoid red-eye. We also have a professional photographer that would be able to assist you with some photos. We will post on Adopt A Pet, PetFinder, Facebook page, in Paw Print Magazine, and will forward contacts to you as long as you remain the foster. Depending on the individual situation, we will provide funding for medical care, spay/neuter flea & tick, heart-worm medication, routine vaccinations, and food until placement can be found. The pet must be up to date on all vaccinations and spayed or neutered before re-homing them. When we find a forever home, we will ask the adopters for an adoption fee of $150.00 for a dog and $90.00 for a cat to help recover some of our costs to help make our program more sustainable. If the animal is not spayed or neutered, fill out an application on this website to obtain a voucher for this procedure.
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS FORM AND EMAIL TO US AT [email protected]
PLEASE PROVIDE ALL YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION ON THE FORM
Reason for re-homing:________________________________________________
PLEASE COMPLETE ALL QUESTIONS
1. Pets name:______________________________________________________________
2. Did you adopt, rescue or find as a stray:_____________________________________
3. How long have they been in your care:______________________________________
4. Are they friendly with: other dogs:______________________________________________________________
Prefer men or women:______________________________________________
5. House trained/Litter trained:_________________________________________________
6. Any behavioral issues or aggression:_______________________________________________________________________________________________
9. Are they up to date on vaccinations: and de-wormed______________________
10. On heartworm preventive/ have they tested negative for heart worms:_________________________________________________
11. Flea and Tick prevention:__________________________________________________
12. Currently taking any medications:__________________________
13. Crate trained:____________________________________________
14. Leash trained:________________________________________________________
15. What commands do they follow:_________________________________________
16. Are they spayed/neutered?____________________________________________
19. Contact information regarding current veterinarian used for this animal.